Goan Potato & Cauliflower Soup
A spicy fragrant soup packed full of flavour and antioxidant goodness. It's a delicious, versatile dish that works on its own as a warming lunch or served with rice for a hearty dinner.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tsp nigella (black onion) seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chilli, finely diced (or green)
- 250 g potatoes, diced
- 500 g cauliflower, cut into bitesized pieces
- 2 vegetable stock pots (or equivalent to make 1 litre of stock)
- 250 g Savoy cabbage
- 500 ml plain soya yoghurt, unsweetened
- Salt and pepper
To a large saucepan add the onion, nigella seeds, garlic, chilli, tumeric, curry powder and 150ml of water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the potatoes, cauliflower, stock pots and 750ml boiling water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
Stir the shredded cabbage and simmer for a further three minutes.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before finishing by stirring in the yoghurt, salt and pepper. Allowing the curry to cool slightly will prevent the yoghurt from splitting.