When breakfast is this good there’s no need to reach for those processed, energy sapping imposters. I love overnight oats. It’s my go to breakfast, prepped in 60 seconds, plant powered and full of goodness. What’s not to love? Recently I’ve been deviating a little from my usual recipe and that’s due, in part, to the discovery of Rebel Kitchen’s Chai Mylk – it’s heaven in a carton! I came across these delicious plant based milk drinks on a lunchtime visit to my local As Nature Intended store and I haven’t looked back. As someone who functions better dairy free, I’m always on the lookout for new nutrition packed plant milks and this one definitely didn’t disappoint.
It’s great as a treat but also works really well in my overnight oats recipe. Serve it with some sliced banana and chopped almonds and you won’t believe this is a healthy breakfast.
Give my quick and easy recipe below a go and let me know what you think in the comments.
- 1/3 cup jumbo rolled oats
- 1/3 cup Rebel Kitchen Chai Mylk
- 1/3 cup coconut water (ZICO is my favourite)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Measure all ingredients out into a leak safe container (I love Ball Mason Jars), shake and leave to soak in the fridge over night. It’s that simple!
- In the event that you forget to prep your overnight oats the night before don’t worry. You can make them in the morning. I find leaving them to soak for around 15 minutes does the trick.